About Me — Eta George
Well… scary for me I mean. Rest assured this article will not give you everlasting nightmares. At least I hope not.
*Rubs hands nervously before typing again*
This will be an eternal work in progress. But here are a few tidbits about me which I think are worth noting:
- When I was 7 years old my school librarian yelled at me for attempting to read Nancy Drew.
- When I was 11 years old I wrote a poem and no one believed me.
- When I was 14 years old I started writing my first novel, a vampire thriller which is still unpublished.
- At 19 years old I officially fulfilled my dream of becoming a traditionally published author. I won an international short story competition where the prize was a traditionally published anthology book.
- My 20s were more conventional i.e. friends, college, job, marriage and finally — total lack of mental stimulation.
- After 4 years of stewing in my own thoughts, I can no longer keep those thoughts to myself.
- Also it was a great segue into picking up my fiction writing reigns after a 10 year hiatus.
- So now, at 33 years old, my husband despairs about me staying up too late writing; and then languishing in bed instead of getting ready for work in the morning.
- My senior cat also yells at me for not feeding him on time.
- And now some very important family history:
- One of my grandmother houses a giant collection of Mills & Boons and Barbara Cartlands under her roof, which can rival anything a local library in India would be able to offer. And yes I’ve read almost all of them.
- And finally, one of my grandfather was a book store owner.
Hope these tidbits give a background as to why I desperately aspire to be a novelist. I was either not believed or persecuted at a young age for attempting to be a writer. Which might be one of the reasons why I enjoy horror so much. If you have persecuted me, do not be surprised if you find yourself featured in one of my horror stories where I’ve assigned you one of the body count roles.
Btw that’s a joke. :)
Also I’ve been recently accused of being the Devil’s minion, because I’ve dared to write my opinion on Meghan Markle, and at that time I had 666 followers and I also happen to write horror stories. After much denial I have finally embraced my true identity. I hope dear reader you will accept me for who I am too.
Hope you have enjoyed this mini bio and hopefully also enjoy my future articles and fiction stories.